Spreading Petunia 'Red Velour' Tidal Wave
- Excellent ground cover or container plant
- Velvety, red colored flowers
- Hardy and easy-to-grow
Big, bold 3D color!
Extend your season with this strong finisher grown and marketed in 8-in./20-cm pots and baskets, Tidal Wave is the “go-to” for pros and home gardeners looking for fresh, fast color. Hedge, vine or impressive groundcover Tidal Wave does it all! These fast-fill plants spread out across big spaces, and they crawl along and over walls and fences.
Plug crop time: 5 to 6 weeks
Transplant to finish:Spring 6 to 8 weeks, Summer 4 to 7 weeks
- Tallest and most vigorous of the Wave petunia family, Tidal Wave plants super-size color into big spaces.
- Excellent landscape performer with terrific recovery from rain. The plants resist lodging, so they won’t fall open and expose a bare centre like other petunias can.
- Recommended in Wave branded packaging: 8-in./20-cm pots, hanging baskets.
Height, spread and spacing: Growth habit is based on how closely plants are placed the closer the spacing, the taller the plants.
- Spaced a minimum of 12 in./30 cm apart, Tidal Wave petunias form a dense, mounded hedge, 16 to 22 in./41 to 56 cm tall.
- Grown in a restricted space with support, they grow an extra 2 to 3 ft./61 to 91 cm upward, like a vine.
- Spaced up to 24 in./61 cm apart in the garden, the plants make a floriferous groundcover, spreading up to 5 ft./1.5 m across per plant.
Growing and Maintenance Tips for Spreading Petunia
Avoid wet foliage going into night. Keep well fed for best performance. Provide plenty of room for spread. Fertilize Frequently.
Bloom Time: Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer